Vladimir Vopilov - guitar, voice (2000 -
D. Frans, guitar - backing vocals (2000 -
Konstantin Kashtalap - bass (2000 -
Alexandr Apashkin - drums (2000 -
Andrey 'DrOn' Polyakov - voice (2003 -
Green Wound CD (Irond) 04.2001
The Second Cut CD (Irond) 04.2004
BAND: Hostile Breed
TITLE: The Second Cut
STYLE: modern death metal
LABEL: Irond Ltd.
CAT.NR.: IROND CD 04-771
RELEASE: April 13, 2004.
Dangerous virus of pop-trends & decadence infected modern metal scene. The strong & angry breed of musicians is necessary for survival, it is only way to stay safe from total degeneration. And this Hostile Breed has appeared - it is band form Russia! The history of HOSTILE BREED started from the last live show of Moscow thrash-band Transylvania that took place on the 12th of November 2000. Experience of six years existence was transformed to new musical style - angry / / modern death metal in the vein of MACHINE HEAD, PANTERA and SKINLAB, the band came to studio to record their first full-length album - 'Green Wound'. Debut was released through IROND Records Ltd. Irond Records Ltd" is the top Russian metal label who has exclusive license agreements for Russia and ex-USSR countries with Nuclear Blast, Avantgarde Music, Last Episode, Napalm Records, Prophecy Productions, Black Mark and few others. Brilliant reviews appeared not only in biggest Russian magazines " DarkCity ", "PainKiller", "M", but also in the "Burrn", “Kerrang" & "Metal Hammer”. Hostile Breed was on air of numerous radio stations such as "Youth" ("Iron Curtain"), "Echo of Moscow". They appeared also in special TV program "Music Infection"... Band took part in numerous compilations & few local festivals and also was supported act for Polish band Behemoth & Latvian Gust Of Anger. Their live concerts in Moscow gather many metal fans (up to 800)! The last album ' The Second Cut ' was recorded by Sergey "Lazar" (Rossomahaar) in CDM studios (Rossomahaar, Rakoth, Butterfly Temple). Featuring a sound that is being described as a mixture of "Machine Head, Killswitch Engage and Skinlab," "The Second Cut" includes a guest appearance on vocals by Skinlab/Def Ignition/Ex-Defiance frontman Steev Esquivel on the song "Show Me The Road", a guitar solo by Invocator/ex-Autumn Leaves guitarist Flemming C. Lund on "Civilization Of Hatred", and an appearance by the singer from Danish band Sacrificial on the song "Color Of Freedom". Skinlab frontman Steev Esquivel put down his vocals on the song titled "Show Me The Road" with sound engineer Chris Hanson (Machine Head, Technocracy, Violence, Def Ignition). Production on the album was handled by Jacob Hansen (Ancient, Falconer, Hatesphere, Illdisposed, Manticora, Mercenary, Mnemic, Pale Forest, Raunchy). Executive producer - Yuri "Surgeon" (Irond Ltd., Dark City Magazine). CD cover artwork was conceived by the Moscow art studio Traum.
- After their first album brilliant reviews appeared not only in biggest Russian magazines "DarkCity ", "M" but also in the "Burrn", “Kerrang" & "Metal Hammer”. Music of Hostile Breed was on the air of numerous radio & TV stations.
- Second album of one and only russian modern metal band is Featuring a sound that is being described as a mixture of Machine Head, Killswitch Engage and Skinlab.
- Guest appearance of Steev Esquivel (Skinlab), Jacob Hansen (Invocator) & John Hansen (Sacrificial).
- Recorded by Sergey "Lazar" (Rossomahaar) at CDM studios (Rossomahaar, Rakoth, Butterfly Temple)
- Produced, mixed & mastered by Jacob Hansen (Ancient, Falconer, Hatesphere, Illdisposed, Manticora, Mercenary, Mnemic, Pale Forest, Raunchy) at Hansen Studio (Denmark).
- Executive producer - Yuri "Surgeon" (Irond Ltd., Dark City Magazine).
- Exclusive slip-case & CD cover artwork was conceived by the Moscow art studio Traum.
- "Irond Ltd." is the top Russian metal label with exclusive license agreements for Russia and ex-USSR countries from Nuclear Blast, Listenable, DieHard, Avantgarde, Napalm Records, Black Mark, Trisol and many others.